Thursday, March 31, 2011

NOTD OPI DS Original

Hey there! I hope everyone is doing well.
Today I'm bringing you a nail of the day with OPI DS Original. I think this was discontinued a while ago...the good ones always are, but I'm pretty sure eBay sellers still have it online.
I can't even begin how to describe this color to you its a purply, lilac holo that is just like a rainbow in the sun or light. Even in the shade you can still pick up the holo.
DS Original is one of those colors that everyone wishes nail polish companies still made often. If your reading this nail companies bring the holographic colors back!!

Unfortunately, there is never sun here in Ohio so I had to take the following pictures with artificial lighting, it still looks beautiful but there is nothing like seeing it on a sunny summer day.
This post may be slightly pic heavy but its just such a beautiful polish I felt it would be okay :)
A blurry pic because I thought it may help capture the rainbow effect. This polish applies like a dream it only took two coats and it was even with no bald spots as some holos will get. I used OPI natural nail strengthening base coat and seche vite as a top coat.

I would definitely say this is more of a linear holo than a scattered holo. It is just so darn beautiful. Click on the pics to enlarge them and see the holo even better.
I hope you all enjoyed this post. :) Have a great rest of your night! Talk to you soon!!!

XO Sam

1 comment: