Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Orly Androgynie

Hello everyone!

Today I have for you Orly's Androgynie! Its a beautiful black based polish with tiny goldish glitter and larger multicolored hexagonal glitters. In the bottle it is amazing and on the nail it is very pretty but I can't say that I was ecstatic about it. First I'm going to insert a bottle picture so that you can see the difference between the bottle and the nail.

As you can see, it is STUNNING in the bottle and I was so excited to put it on. When I had finished painting my nails, top coat and everything, I was disappointed. The hexagonal glitters are a lot more sparse on the nail and the black base almost seems to be a little too heavy and covers up the brightness of the glitter. I hope that makes sense. I will now put in the pictures of the nails so you can see the difference clearly.


They really are quite different. Don't get me wrong I still loved it on my nails. It was beautiful but it wasn't what I thought it was going to be and just wasn't as exciting. I hope you guys have a wonderful evening!

XOXO Sam

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean when you say it wasn't "as exciting" I've had a few polishes that look AMAZING in the bottle but then the base colour ends up really dark and the glitter doesn't seem to come through enough. I still think this one looks lovely though (also your nails look so neat! I'm jealous!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, i totally understand what you mean, felt that way too. Not with this polish but with other ones.. :)


    I hope you don't mind me posting a link here, I just wanted to invite you to join my first nail polish giveaway :)
    http://letspolishsomenails.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-100-followers-giveaway-open.html

    ReplyDelete